Different Ways to Keep in Touch while in Mexico
Public phones work with coins or with cards (tarjetas telefónicas) that can easily be found in the kiosks found throughout Mexico. Less commonly, you can also find call centers that have phone booths where it is possible to call anywhere in the world.
(Depending on the region you want to call)
- Long-distance calls (larga distancia):
- To call a fixed-line number: dial 01 + city code (ex: Merida –> 999) + phone number you wish to reach
- To call a mobile phone: dial 044 + city code + phone number you wish to reach
- Short-distance calls:
- Directly dial the phone number you wish to reach (7 digits)
- Call Mexico from abroad:
- Dial 0052 + city code + phone number you wish to reach
There are many Internet cafes in Mexico, including in small villages. Most of these Internet cafes are equipped with broadband connections. Price for one hour: about 10 to 20 pesos.
Electric current runs at 110 volts.